I am not really known for my organisational skills, nor my ability to plan. I am usually a girl that will just do things (I like the phase “Fly by the seat of my pants”), however in times of need, when the world seems a little crazy I make lists. Sometimes the lists are forgotten about, but the act of list making tricks my brain into thinking that I am an organised person and that everything is right with the world.
The past couple of nights I have been having crazy dreams. Last night I dreamt that my teeth were dropping out one by one, my blood was everywhere, I was distraught and there was nothing I could do about it as I had no money to visit the dentist. I was told that maybe I was anxious about my move. I don’t feel too worried about my move but I guess subconscious has other ideas. So in good old list girl fashion, I am writing a to do list to try to comfort my poor subconscious into believe that I am doing the right thing.
Here is that list:
1. Work out which of my belongings will be moving with me in half a suitcase.
2. Collect and/or Photocopy all my important documents (Qualifications, Etc).
3. Find a job
4. Get my NIE (Numero Identificacion de Extranjeros). This is a number issued by the Spanish authorities to identify foreigners.
5. Register with a Doctor and Dentist. (Also find out where local Hospital is).
6. Research the best mobile network and get a Sim Card
7. Research and sort out Internet and Phone connection http://www.usuariosteleco.es/NR/rdonlyres/60BDEA53-B9A4-4916-A532-AE55D7B429A7/32398/44ADSLOFERTASBANDAANCHA050809.pdf <——–Helpful link
8. Research bank accounts and open one up. (What do I need to do in order to achieve this?).
10. Find somewhere to learn Spanish.
I hope this helps to stop the dreams. I kinda feel good about the list, now I have goals. Every time I tick something off, I will feel more in control of the situation. 🙂
17 Days until The Big Move.